Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day eight - Federicco

Today I got up early and saw Birdwatchers with a bunch of others. Birdwatchers is a fantastic film and doesn't overplay anyone's role in the victimization of the Guarani people in Brazil. All today I worked with Federicco, letting in the reporters who wanted to talk to the director, the Italian actor, and the Guarani actors in the film. It was complete chaos at some points and very educating. I had a great time. Federicco and Luis (Richard's assistants) are two great people and they are good to work for and to work with. I had a great day because I got to see a flim (yes I wanted to spell it that way) and got to meet some journalists. I am realizing that speaking only English and limited French is not going to cut it in Europe so I'm going to have to brush up on my French. Everyone here speaks at least one, usually two or three languages.

I went out to dinner with Courtney and Alex, and Walter and Armand happened to go to the same restaurant. It was very nice and good food (even though they charged us all sorts of ancillary fees). Walter took a video of us on a Flip thing that is the size of a cell phone and includes a USB plug-in and takes a good picture. I'm now at the Shark bar using the internets nad looking forward to another day working for Federicco.

No comments: