Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day seven - Terrible films and the Jewish Ghetto

Ok, so today I had meant to go see Il Giorno Perfetto but did not wake up in time. I spent the day trying to go to the beach and missing out. I saw a terrible film that somehow got into both Venice and Toronto. Basically, not a fun day.

Ariela and I had hoped to go to the Jewish ghetto (the first one in the world) tonight but that didn't work out. We got the wrong directions, went completely the wrong way and were so tired that all we wanted to do was go home. We tried to get internet and the bar was closed. This is a short post, but I'm keeping this all positive so it' got to be.

Actually, I had three round tables today: Ramin Bahrani, John Landis and the director of Hooked (whose name I cannot pronounce). Ramin was totally into himself and completely interesting, John Landis was hilarious. We kept laughing every time his sweared. The Hooked guy was awkward because only A-D liked his film. I felt nauseous after seeing it.

No comments: